Terms & Conditions
All sales are inclusive of 20% VAT. Please see our 'Returns Policy' for more information on returns.
All orders are sent via Royal Mail and despatched within 3 working days of order being placed. In the event of an item not received, a claim will be made through Royal Mail's relevant policy.
ROYAL MAIL COMPENSATION FOR LOSS FOR UK SERVICES:
From 10 August 2015, items sent using 1st Class and 2nd Class services (including Royal Mail Signed For) will be treated as lost if they are not delivered 10 or more working days after the due delivery date. This has been reduced from 15 working days.
Items sent using Special Delivery Guaranteed will be treated as lost if they are not delivered 5 or more working days after the due delivery date. This has been reduced from 10 working days.
(i) All claims must be accompanied by ‘Basic Evidence’ as a minimum, claimants must also retain all of the packaging and contents of damaged items or items subject to part loss.
(ii) Claims for loss of and damage to items with an intrinsic value should be made on Royal Mail’s claim form and supported by additional evidence (evidence of posting and evidence of value). If only Basic Evidence’ can be provided then only postage refund or stamps can be considered.
(iii) Evidence of posting includes: the item with envelope of packing including the postage paid, the original certificate of posting and a Smartstamp® or on-line certificate of posting validated at a Post Office®. Where a certificate of posting is provided as part of product acceptance (Royal Mail Signed For™) this must be supplied with the claim.
(iv) Evidence of value includes but is not limited to original receipts, invoices, Paypal records, manufacturing costs, auctioneers valuation and repair costs in the case of damage claims.
(v) Royal Mail reserves the right to inspect the item and packing and/or to request additional documentation or information to protect against unwarranted or duplicate claims.
(vi) For items posted in the Christmas period (first Monday in December to the first working day following the New Year public holiday) a further working day (2 working days for redirected mail) will be added to the due day for delivery before compensation for delay is payable.
(vii) Items sent by 1st Class, 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For™ are not classed as lost until 10 working days (Mon-Sat) after the due date. Items sent by Special Delivery Guaranteed are not classed lost until 5 working days (Mon-Fri except if Saturday guarantee purchased) after the due date.
(viii) In order to make a compensation claim for loss, damage or delay to an item posted with Royal Mail you must have met the appropriate conditions of posting.
Here at Utopia we hope you are happy with your purchase, but we know that occasionally you may want to return items.
Due to the nature of the items we sell, we regret that we cannot accept returns on all products sold. Please read on for more information on which items we can accept returns and issue refunds for. If you are unsure, please contact us first on 01235 521 555 or at email@example.com.
Our returns policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions and must be read in conjunction with this. We reserve the right to change our returns policy at any time.
It is important that you check your item(s) carefully upon delivery. If any errors occur you must inform us immediately so we can look into it and rectify the problem. Any errors not brought up with us within 24hours of receipt may mean we are unable to accept a return.
Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Incorrect Items Received
In the unlikely event of the incorrect item being sent out to you, we will despatch the correct item, providing it is in stock, upon return of the item delivered in error. If the correct item is currently out of stock, you will have the option of waiting for it to return to stock, or be issued a full refund.
Any postage fees incurred to you on returning an incorrect item will be refunded upon return of such item.
Which Products Can I Return?
Due to the nature of the items we sell, we are unable to accept returns for the majority of our products and make-up, due to health and safety.
Items we are able to accept returns for are gifts and accessories, such as compact mirrors and toiletry bags.
We are unable to accept returns on any nail varnishes, fragrance, earrings, face, hand or body products or make-up.
Any items returned to us must be returned in the original packaging, and in pristine condition. If any product has been opened or used, we will not accept a return.
We will not be able to issue your refund if the returned item has been damaged or opened, and is in such condition that we are unable to re-sell.
When returning items to us, we recommend you obtain a proof of postage to enable us to issue your refund in the unlikely event that your item is lost in transit. Proof of postage is free to obtain, and without it we will not be able to issue your refund.
Any item you have accepted and then returned is your responsibility until it reaches us at Utopia. We therefore recommend you send your item back to us using a delivery service that insures you for the value of your goods.
Refunding Of Postage Costs
We are happy to refund postage costs to return an item where the return is required due to our error - for instance, the incorrect item sent or the item is damaged or faulty.
In order for us to be able to refund your postage costs where an item has been received damaged, we will require photographic evidence of the condition it was received in, along with the original packaging it was sent in. If preferred, you can bring the item into Utopia with the original packaging. In the event of this happening, Utopia will make a claim with Royal Mail in which they may need to contact you directly.
We will not refund any postage costs to return an item that is unwanted or no longer required. These costs will need to be covered by you.
If you are unhappy with the way your return of replacement has been handled, please let us know straight away so we can resolve the issue with you. We pride ourselves on our great customer service, and ask that you let us know either by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01235 521 555.
- Utopia runs on an appointment-based system and these go on a first-come-first-serve basis. We do not hold back any appointments for last minute calls, so always advise you book in advance to avoid disappointment. Remember that during the summer months and at Christmas time we do get extremely busy and appointments can go 2-3 weeks in advance (sometimes longer for late nights and weekends). Please do not take it out on our staff if you cannot get an appointment.
- Appointments can be made over the phone (01235 521 555), email (email@example.com) or via our online booking system (see home page of website or Facebook page). Please remember that by booking through email, appointments times given to you may have already been taken by the time you reply, so booking over the phone or online is much more advisable.
- Appointments requested through our last minute booking app are only requests and are not confirmed until you have received your confirmation message. Please do not select a different treatment to that which you would like to book as only the treatments listed at those times are available. If you select one and ask for a different treatment upon arrival we may not be able to accommodate you.
- If we cannot fit you in at a suitable time, we will add you to our waiting list and make every effort to book you in in the event of another person cancelling or postponing.
- Upon your first visit to Utopia you will be asked to fill in a consultation card including details of medical history, and sign the indemnity statement declaring the answers are true and correct. This is for your own wellbeing, and is essential for any treatments to be carried out. Refusal to fill out and sign a consultation card will result in refusal of treatment.
- Certain treatments may require a second, more specific consultation card to be filled out and signed. This will be kept with your records.
- Certain medical conditions may require further advice and written consent from your GP before some treatments can go ahead. This is for your own wellbeing and while we understand it can be frustrating, please understand that we are looking out for your health and your best interests. Your therapist will offer an alternative treatment where possible, until written consent has been gained. As a professional salon we will not go ahead with any treatment we feel unsuitable until a letter of consent has been gained, and will not accept a signed declaration from yourself as a substitute.
- Letters of GP consent must be on headed paper, include your full name and consented treatment, and must be signed by your GP personally. Photocopies cannot be accepted, and we will need to retain the letter with your records at the salon. If preferred, we can issue you with a referral letter to take to your GP for their consideration and signature. Referral letters may not be subject to a charge from your GP.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must fill out and sign the consultation card on behalf of the minor and be present at all times during the treatment.
- Certain treatments may not be suitable for certain age groups and carry their own age limit. If we feel this applies to you, we will offer an alternative treatment where possible.
- Gift cards are valid for six months from date of purchase and can be used against any treatments or products. Gift cards cannot be refunded, but any treatments can be swapped - with notice - to other treatments or products if required. Just let us know what you would prefer, and we can settle the difference at your appointment if needed.
- We would greatly appreciate 24 hours notice for cancellations or moved appointment times, otherwise a charge of 50% will be incurred. 100% will be charged for appointments missed entirely. Treatment packages require full payment at time of booking and require 48 hours notice to cancel or move. Unless 48 hours notice is given, payment will not be refunded.
- If appointments are repeatedly missed or cancelled/rescheduled at late notice, we may ask for full payment upfront at the time of booking to secure any future appointments.
- Any treatment totalling or exceeding 2 hours will require 50% of the total price paid upfront to secure the appointment. Packages require 100%.
- Please respect other clients in the salon and be quiet and calm when inside. We provide a relaxing environment at Utopia and clients do come here for peace and quiet and to unwind.
- We politely ask that all clients switch their mobile phones and tablets to silent whilst in the salon.
- While we welcome babies and children at Utopia, we do ask that you be respectful of other clients and do not allow your children to run around and be noisy. Please make sure they sit still calmly and be quiet. We do not advise children are left to wait in reception and ask that children are taken into the room with you. It is difficult for our receptionist to keep an eye on children whilst running the reception and retail area, and this can prevent her from doing her job properly.
- While it is rare for one of our therapists to call in sick, please remember that our therapists sometimes get ill too! In the event of us having to call and reschedule your appointment, every effort will be made to reschedule it in as soon as possible.
- All treatments included in our Treatment Packages must be taken in one single appointment, and not split over several days. Full payment of such packages will be required at time of booking, and all packages require 48 hours notice to cancel or move, otherwise the full payment will not be refunded.
- Treatment Courses: at the time of booking, full payment of the course will be taken, which is non-refundable. Treatment courses must be used within the specified time frame (we will tell you the time frame when enquiring as they do differ). Any treatments outstanding from their specified time frame, or incomplete courses, will not be refunded.
- Certain treatments will require a patch test to be carried out at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. This is for your own wellbeing and is essential, even if you have had that particular treatment at another salon. We will not carry out any treatments requiring a patch test if the patch test has not been done, and will not accept a signed declaration from yourself as a substitute. Certain treatments may be able to go ahead without that particular part of the treatment.
- We try our best to remind all clients of their patch test within 24hours of their appointment, but please remember that we are very busy and cannot always keep an eye on timings. All clients will be informed at the time of booking if they need to come for a prior patch test, and are therefore responsible for remembering to come in for one. If we notice you have not had the necessary patch test needed for your treatment to take place, despite us making you aware, and have been unable to contact you, your appointment may be released to another client to avoid a wasted appointment. We will do everything we can to contact you before doing this, so please be sure to answer any voicemails or emails we may have left for you as soon as possible.