Terms & Conditions
Utopia Beauty Salon Limited Company number 10584728 Registered Office Address 26 Stert Street, Abingdon, United Kingdom, OX14 3JP
Utopia Beauty Salon is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Utopia Beauty Salon may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20/11/2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
name and job title
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Utopia Beauty Salon, 26 Stert Street, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3JP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
All sales are inclusive of 20% VAT. Please see our 'Returns Policy' for more information on returns.
All Dermalogica products bought through Utopia Beauty Salon's website are sold DIRECT from Dermalogica and not Utopia. Any discrepencies, therefore, will need to be taken up with Dermalogica and not Utopia Beauty Salon.
All orders are sent via Royal Mail and despatched within 3 working days of order being placed. In the event of an item not received, a claim will be made through Royal Mail's relevant policy.
ROYAL MAIL COMPENSATION FOR LOSS FOR UK SERVICES:
From 10 August 2015, items sent using 1st Class and 2nd Class services (including Royal Mail Signed For) will be treated as lost if they are not delivered 10 or more working days after the due delivery date. This has been reduced from 15 working days.
Items sent using Special Delivery Guaranteed will be treated as lost if they are not delivered 5 or more working days after the due delivery date. This has been reduced from 10 working days.
(i) All claims must be accompanied by ‘Basic Evidence’ as a minimum, claimants must also retain all of the packaging and contents of damaged items or items subject to part loss.
(ii) Claims for loss of and damage to items with an intrinsic value should be made on Royal Mail’s claim form and supported by additional evidence (evidence of posting and evidence of value). If only Basic Evidence’ can be provided then only postage refund or stamps can be considered.
(iii) Evidence of posting includes: the item with envelope of packing including the postage paid, the original certificate of posting and a Smartstamp® or on-line certificate of posting validated at a Post Office®. Where a certificate of posting is provided as part of product acceptance (Royal Mail Signed For™) this must be supplied with the claim.
(iv) Evidence of value includes but is not limited to original receipts, invoices, Paypal records, manufacturing costs, auctioneers valuation and repair costs in the case of damage claims.
(v) Royal Mail reserves the right to inspect the item and packing and/or to request additional documentation or information to protect against unwarranted or duplicate claims.
(vi) For items posted in the Christmas period (first Monday in December to the first working day following the New Year public holiday) a further working day (2 working days for redirected mail) will be added to the due day for delivery before compensation for delay is payable.
(vii) Items sent by 1st Class, 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For™ are not classed as lost until 10 working days (Mon-Sat) after the due date. Items sent by Special Delivery Guaranteed are not classed lost until 5 working days (Mon-Fri except if Saturday guarantee purchased) after the due date.
(viii) In order to make a compensation claim for loss, damage or delay to an item posted with Royal Mail you must have met the appropriate conditions of posting.
Here at Utopia we hope you are happy with your purchase, but we know that occasionally you may want to return items.
Due to the nature of the items we sell, we regret that we cannot accept returns on all products sold. Please read on for more information on which items we can accept returns and issue refunds for.
Our returns policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions and must be read in conjunction with this. We reserve the right to change our returns policy at any time.
It is important that you check your item(s) carefully upon delivery. If any errors occur you must inform us immediately so we can look into it and rectify the problem. Any errors not brought up with us within 24hours of receipt may mean we are unable to accept a return.
Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Incorrect Items Received
In the unlikely event of the incorrect item being sent out to you, we will despatch the correct item, providing it is in stock, upon return of the item delivered in error. If the correct item is currently out of stock, you will have the option of waiting for it to return to stock, or be issued a full refund.
Any postage fees incurred to you on returning an incorrect item will be refunded upon return of such item.
Which Products Can I Return?
Due to the nature of the items we sell, we are unable to accept returns for the majority of our products and make-up, due to health and safety.
Items we are able to accept returns for are:
- Dermalogica Products (bought from our Beautique store only and not online)
- Jewellery; EXCLUDING earrings
- Swarovski glass nail files
- Compact mirrors
- Toiletry bags
- Unopened Sienna-x tanning mitts (not products)
We are unable to accept returns on any nail varnishes, face, hand or body products (other than Dermalogica bought in-store), tanning products or make-up.
Dermalogica products bought from our website are sold to you direct from Dermalogica themselves, therefore returns must be arranged with them. Any Dermalogica products bought from our own Beautique store can be returned to us, providing the original receipt is shown. Without the original receipt we may not be able to accept the return and issue your refund.
Any items returned to us must be returned in the original packaging, and in pristine condition. If any product has been opened or used, we will not accept a return.
We will not be able to issue your refund if the returned item has been damaged or opened, and is in such condition that we are unable to re-sell.
When returning items to us, we recommend you obtain a proof of postage to enable us to issue your refund in the unlikely event that your item is lost in transit. Proof of postage is free to obtain, and without it we will not be able to issue your refund.
Any item you have accepted and then returned is your responsibility until it reaches us at Utopia. We therefore recommend you send your item back to us using a delivery service that insures you for the value of your goods.
Refunding Of Postage Costs
We are happy to refund postage costs to return an item where the return is required due to our error - for instance, the incorrect item sent or the item is damaged or faulty.
In order for us to be able to refund your postage costs where an item has been received damaged, we will require photographic evidence of the condition it was received in, along with the original packaging it was sent in. If preferred, you can bring the item into Utopia with the original packaging. In the event of this happening, Utopia will make a claim with Royal Mail in which they may need to contact you directly.
We will not refund any postage costs to return an item that is unwanted or no longer required. These costs will need to be covered by you.
If you are unhappy with the way your return of replacement has been handled, please let us know straight away so we can resolve the issue with you. We pride ourselves on our great customer service, and ask that you let us know either by email, at email@example.com or by telephone on 01235 521 555.
- Utopia runs on an appointment-based system and these go on a first-come-first-serve basis. We do not hold back any appointments for last minute calls, so always advise you book in advance to avoid disappointment. Remember that during the summer months and at Christmas time we do get extremely busy and appointments can go 2-3 weeks in advance (sometimes longer for late nights and weekends). Please do not take it out on our staff if you cannot get an appointment.
- Appointments can be made over the phone (01235 521 555), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our online booking system (see home page of website or Facebook page). Please remember that by booking through email, appointments times given to you may have already been taken by the time you reply, so booking over the phone or online is much more advisable.
- If we cannot fit you in at a suitable time, we will add you to our waiting list and make every effort to book you in in the event of another person cancelling or postponing.
- Upon your first visit to Utopia you will be asked to fill in a consultation card including details of medical history, and sign the indemnity statement declaring the answers are true and correct. This is for your own wellbeing, and is essential for any treatments to be carried out. Refusal to fill out and sign a consultation card will result in refusal of treatment.
- Certain treatments may require a second, more specific consultation card to be filled out and signed. This will be kept with your records.
- Certain medical conditions may require further advice and written consent from your GP before some treatments can go ahead. This is for your own wellbeing and while we understand it can be frustrating, please understand that we are looking out for your health and your best interests. Your therapist will offer an alternative treatment where possible, until written consent has been gained. As a professional salon we will not go ahead with any treatment we feel unsuitable until a letter of consent has been gained, and will not accept a signed declaration from yourself as a substitute.
- Letters of GP consent must be on headed paper, include your full name and consented treatment, and must be signed by your GP personally. Photocopies cannot be accepted, and we will need to retain the letter with your records at the salon.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must fill out and sign the consultation card on behalf of the minor and be present at all times during the treatment.
- Certain treatments may not be suitable for under anyone under the age of 16. If we feel this applies to you, we will offer an alternative treatment where possible.
- Gift vouchers are valid for six months from date of purchase and can be used against any treatments or products in our Beautique. Gift vouchers cannot be refunded, but any treatments can be swapped -with notice - to other treatments or products if required. Just let us know what you would prefer, and we can settle the difference at your appointment if needed.
- We would greatly appreciate 24 hours notice for cancellations or moved appointment times, otherwise a charge of 50% will be incurred. 100% will be charged for appointments missed entirely. Treatment packages require full payment at time of booking and require 48 hours notice to cancel or move. Unless 48 hours notice is given, payment will not be refunded.
- Any treatment totalling or exceeding 2 hours will require 50% of the total price paid upfront to secure the appointment. Packages require 100%.
- Please respect other clients in the salon and be quiet and calm when inside. We provide a relaxing environment at Utopia and clients do come here for peace and quiet and to unwind.
- We politely ask that all clients switch their mobile phones to silent whilst in the salon.
- While we welcome babies and children at Utopia, we do ask that you be respectful of other clients and do not allow your children to run around and be noisy. Please make sure they sit still calmly and be quiet. We do not advise children are left to wait in reception and ask that children are taken into the room with you. It is difficult for our receptionist to keep an eye on children whilst running the reception and retail area, and this can prevent her from doing her job properly.
- While it is rare for one of our therapists to call in sick, please remember that our therapists sometimes get ill too! In the event of us having to call and reschedule your appointment, every effort will be made to reschedule it in as soon as possible.
- All treatments included in our Treatment Packages must be taken in one single appointment, and not split over several days. Full payment of such packages will be required at time of booking, and all packages require 48 hours notice to cancel or move, otherwise the full payment will not be refunded.
- Treatment Courses: at the time of booking, full payment of the course will be taken which is non-refundable. Treatment courses must be used within the specified time frame (we will tell you the time frame when enquiring as they do differ). Any treatments outstanding from their specified time frame, or incomplete courses, will not be refunded.
- Any personal details given by you will remain confidential and will only be shared with Utopia employees where necessary. We will never sell or share your details with any other company.
- All treatments and conversations with our employees will remain confidential at all times.
- Certain treatments will require a patch test to be carried out at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. This is for your own wellbeing and is essential, even if you have had that particular treatment at another salon. We will not carry out any treatments requiring a patch test if the patch test has not been done, and will not accept a signed declaration from yourself as a substitute. Certain treatments may be able to go ahead without that particular part of the treatment.
- Product refunds or replacements: any unopened products or gifts (excluding gift vouchers and earrings) can be refunded or swapped so long as the original receipt is present. We are unable to refund or swap any item In the event of the receipt not being present. We are unable to refund or swap any item that has been opened or used (excluding Dermalogica). Dermalogica has a 100% money back guarantee, so any products - whether opened or not - can be refunded or swapped if you find it unsatisfactory as long as the original receipt is present. We cannot accept returns of earrings for hygiene reasons.
- Any Dermalogica products purchased through our website are purchased from Dermalogica themselves, and not Utopia. Any discrepencies, therefore, need to be taken up with Dermalogica. We can provide contact details and assist where necessary, if needed.