We are Recruiting
Fancy joining an award-winning team? Want to further your career with paid-for training opportunities?
Utopia are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to join our award-winning team in Abingdon-on-Thames.
Established since 2010, Utopia is a thriving salon offering a variety of modern and exciting treatments to both men and women. Known for our customer service skills and high standards, we are looking for a professional candidate to deliver outstanding services to our clientele in our busy salon.
What can we offer you?
- A friendly, professional and safe environment
- Further career opportunities with added training (all expenses paid)
- A busy column of ready-made clients, with the opportunity to build upon
- 28 days paid annual leave (pro-rata if part time) including public holidays
- A period of paid "rest time" after Christmas, extra to public holidays and annual leave
- Salon/employee perks
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out all beauty treatments including massage, skin treatments, waxing and nail treatments, to a high standard and with a professional and impartial approach
- Providing a friendly and professional first impression for clients and customers
- Answering telephone calls and emails and dealing with general enquiries promptly and professionally
- Scheduling appointments for therapists using our comprehensive computerised booking system
- Responsible in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and presentation and following all health and safety procedures
- Dealing with sales and providing recommendations where necessary
The ideal applicant must be confident working with clients and customers and have the ability to use your initiative where necessary. Applicants must have key computer skills, ideally experience with admin/IT and be passionate about the health and beauty industry. Applicants must be willing to attend further training where necessary (training courses and travel expenses will be paid for by Utopia).
- NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent
- 1 year experience within the salon environment (post completion of Level 3 training)
Desirable Qualifications, but not essential and not limited to:
- Knowledge/training in Dermalogica treatments and products
- Lash Lift
- Hot Waxing
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be highly professional with impeccable customer service skills
- Be flexible with working hours & days
- Be passionate, hardworking and eager to learn and grow within the team
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have immaculate personal presentation, be polite and well mannered.
- Be punctual and reliable
- Be able to work towards and exceed given targets
As a multi-award winning salon, Utopia are looking for a confident, friendly candidate and applicants must be able to provide a professional and personal service to clients and customers at all times. Candidates must be confident in waxing, manicures and pedicures. In return you will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge and grow your treatment skillset within a friendly, professional, busy salon environment with employee perks.
Salary dependant on experience and/or skillset, to be discussed.
If you believe you have the skills necessary for this role and are interested in applying, please email your CV along with a covering letter.